The AB Night Vision RNVG-A (also known as ARNVG) (Articulating Ruggedized Night Vision Goggle) is an extremely rugged articulating night vision goggle featuring external battery pack capability, an on-board illuminator, and push button controls. The RNVG-A is billet machined from aircraft grade aluminum and designed to handle hard use. The AB Night Vision RNVG-A far exceeds military requirements of MIL-STD-810H drop testing.
The RNVG-A utilizes push button switches for both power and the on-board Infrared Illuminator. The IR illuminator button is shrouded by a fence with distinctive contours to prevent inadvertent activation. Indicators in the viewing area alert the user if the IR illuminator is on, or if the unit senses a low battery condition. The RNVG-A is powered by either an onboard 123 battery or auxiliary power from a battery pack using a 4 pin LEMO style connector.
The articulating design of the RNVG-A allows the user to quickly adjust for an Interpupillary Distance from 47mm to over 80mm. Articulation also offers more stow positions that are not possible on fixed bridge systems. The full range of articulation of the RNVG-A allows the pods to be folded back towards the helmet when stowed. This reduces snag hazards while also contributing to more comfortable use.
The optical pods feature individual and automatic power on/off when articulated up or back down. This feature prevents light splash on your helmet when one side is articulated up and ensures that the image intensifiers are ‘off’ in the stowed position with the optical pods folded back against the helmet. The force required to swing the optical pods is user adjustable using a coin or other flat object in the field.
- 1800+ min FOM (2000+ common)
Elbit Gen 3 Thin-Filmed
- XLSH & SLH (commercial grade) FOM minimum 1344+ & 1536+. These are just designation minimums. FOM is typically 2000+ for our commercial white phosphor option. Sometimes even much higher than this too. We also hold these to well above minimum cosmetic tolerance.
L3 Gen 3 Unfilmed
- 18UM 1540 min FOM (2300+ Common)
- We sort and batch our tubes to ensure all have as clean screen cosmetics and high specifications as possible. Each exceeding the minimum standards for its type.
- L3 Unfilmed High FOM option. These tubes are hand selected from our Mil-Spec and Aviator tubes to achieve the highest specification possible with as clean screen cosmetics as possible (2400-2800+ Common).
RNVG-A (ARNVG) BINOCULAR SPECIFICATIONS:
POWER SOURCE: (1) CR123 SIZE BATTERY
FOCUS RANGE: 9.8” TO INFINITY
OPERATION TIME: APPROXIMATELY 16 HOURS ON LITHIUM BATTERY
MAGNIFICATION: (1X) ONE POWER
FIELD OF VIEW: 40 DEGREES
INTERPUPILLARY ADJUSTMENT: 47mm to over 80mm
DIOPTER ADJUSTMENT: -6 TO +2
EYE RELIEF: 25MM
WEIGHT: 176g housing, 578g with std Mil-spec optics and L3 tubes, no battery
DIMENSIONS: 4.14” X 4.2” X 3.2”
IR ILLUMINATOR: BUILT IN
WATER RESISTANCE: SUBMERSIBLE TO 66 FT
IR LED & LOW BATTERY INDICATORS: YES
INTENSIFIER TUBES: COMPATIBLE WITH MX-10160 STYLE
OPTICS: COMPATIBLE WITH PVS-14 EYEPIECE AND OBJECTIVE