The RNVG is regarded as the most rugged housing on the market; as is reflected in its name, (Ruggedized Night Vision Goggle). The housing is made of machined 7075 aluminum which greatly increases its strength over nearly all other housings on the market. Despite its 7075 aluminum construction the RNVG remains fairly lightweight. The RNVG is a fixed bridge system. This means the optical pods do not articulate, but rather adjust transversely on the bridge. The lack of articulation aids in the RNVG’s ruggedness as with fewer moving parts comes less points of failure. If you prioritize absolute durability and ruggedness above all else, the RNVG is likely the choice for you.
AB NightVision Inc. is proud to announce the release the Ruggedized Night Vision Goggle (RNVG). The RNVG is an extremely tough, full featured night vision binocular.
Familiar controls ensure ease of use. Any user familiar with PVS-14 goggles will find the controls to be intuitive. The switch and focusing functions are identical to the PVS-14. The switch has 3 positions: Off, On, and On with IR illuminator. Like the PVS-14, the switch does not cut power to the tubes when changing positions to turn the IR illuminator on. The RNVG has IR signaling capability. As a safety feature the switch knob must be pulled out to turn the IR illuminator on. An IR spot/flood adapter can be used if the user desires more range from their IR illuminator.
The RNVG is designed to work off a single 123 battery. The binocular has a battery life of over 16 hours and flashes a low battery indicator within the optics when the battery needs changing.
RNVG optics feature a full range of adjustment. The mil-spec objectives allow the user to focus between 9.8 inches and infinity, while the mil-spec eyepieces offer a diopter adjustment range of -6 to +2. The interpupillary distance is adjustable to match the users eye spacing from 51mm to 73mm. IP adjustment is accomplished with jackscrews that maintain user settings using a ball-detent method to prevent any changes due to vibration.
The RNVG was designed from the ground up to be extremely tough. When a night vision binocular is dropped and broken, it will most likely fail at the joint between the optical pods and the bridge. However, both the optical pods and bridge on the RNVG are CNC machined from solid billet 7075 aluminum to prevent breakage. This material is 36% stronger than most common steel making the RNVG the most rugged night vision goggle in production. Careful design combined with advanced machining techniques have kept the weight of the RNVG down to a very competitive level at 555 grams (without battery).
The goggle is available in Flat Black (Coyote and FDE on special order). The components of the binocular are media blasted to give a non-reflective matte finish, then black anodized for durability. For the Tan or FDE options Cerakote, a proven firearms finish, is applied over the anodizing to give a tough, attractive finish.
- 64+ lpmm
- 1800 min FOM
Elbit Gen 3 Thin-Filmed
- XLSH & SLH (commercial grade) FOM minimum 1344 & 1536. These are just designation minimums. FOM is typically 1800-2400+ for our commercial white phosphor option. Sometimes even much higher than this too.
- VH high specification aviation grade, very clean, held to higher minimum specification standard.
L3 Gen 3 Unfilmed
- 18UM 1540 min FOM (2200+ Common)
- 22UM/UA 1920 min FOM (2376+ Common)
- We hold both to aviator spot specification, meaning as few as possible to no dark spots
- We sort and batch our tubes to ensure all have as clean screen cosmetics and high specifications as possible. Each exceeding the minimum standards for its type.
- L3 Unfilmed High FOM option. These tubes are hand selected from our Mil-Spec and Aviator tubes to achieve the highest specification possible with as clean screen cosmetics as possible (2400-2800+ Common).
|MANUFACTURER||AB NightVision Inc.|
|DIMENSIONS||4.7″(L) x 4.2″(W) x 2.8″(H)|
|WEIGHT||20.1 oz. w/ Battery|
|FINISH||Anodized Matte Black (Coyote or FDE Cerekote)|
|POWER||One (1) CR123 Battery, External Battery Pack|
|BATTERY LIFE (AA)||No longer produced|
|BATTERY LIFE (CR123)||Approx. 30 Hours at Room Temp. w/ Standard CR123|
|WARRANTY||5 Year Warranty|
|GENERATION||U.S. Gen3 Thin-Film / Unfilmed / Photonis Gen 2+ Hybrid PP45|
|INTENSIFIER TUBES||L-3 MX10160 Infinity (x2) or Photonis P45 (x2)|
|RESOLUTION||64 lp/mm (Typical)|
|FILM||Thin Film or Unfilmed|
|GAIN||Automatic Brightness Control|
|OCULAR LENS||+2 to -6|
|FOCUS||9.8″ to Infinity|
|INCLUDED||Device, Data Sheets, Lens Covers, Case, Lens Wipes, Retention Rings, and accompanying components.|
ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations) and EAR (Export Administration Regulations) Compliance Statement
By ordering any product(s) from www.gooningear.com website, you certify that you, or third-party entities at your direction, will not sell, transport, ship or transfer outside the borders of the United States, nor to any foreign person*, any product(s) which are export-restricted by U.S. export-control law and regulation, without proper U.S. Government export authorization, licensing, and documentation.
Export-restricted items include, but are not limited to, electronic equipment, certain gear and accessories, handheld optical equipment including night vision and night vision accessories, holographic sight systems, “red-dot” optics, thermal vision, and tactical lights and lasers.
You must indicate on your order if you intend for an item(s) to be exported. An indication of desire of exportation in no way compels Goonin Gear LLC to assist with export in any way, before or after purchase of an item(s). Export, or attempt to export, any controlled or prohibited items outside of the U.S. without complying with U.S. export control regulations can result in severe civil and criminal penalties and/or constitute a federal crime. Goonin Gear LLC will not participate in any transaction, directly or indirectly, involving the illegal export or re-export of any prohibited items.
* “Foreign Person” under ITAR § 120.16 means “any natural person who is not a lawful permanent resident as defined by 8 U.S.C. § 1101 (a)(20) or who is not a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3)”, and can mean “any foreign corporation, business association, trust, society, or any other entity or group that is not incorporated or organized to do business in the U.S., as well as international organizations, foreign governments, and any agency or subdivisions of government (e.g. diplomatic missions).”