The RNVG is regarded as the most rugged housing on the market; as is reflected in its name, Ruggedized Night Vision Goggle. The housing is made of machined 7075 aluminum which greatly increases its strength over nearly all other housings on the market. Despite its 7075 aluminum construction the RNVG remains fairly lightweight. The RNVG is a fixed bridge system. This means the optical pods do not articulate, but rather adjust transversely on the bridge. The lack of articulation aids in the RNVG’s ruggedness as with fewer moving parts comes less points of failure. If you prioritize absolute durability and ruggedness above all else, the RNVG is likely the choice for you.
Tube options available through drop down menu
Echo WP Hybrid
- 64+ lpmm
- 1800 min FOM
- 64-81+ lpmm
- Commercial grade may exhibit a small dark spot as they are allowed a wider tolerance for cosmetics and spec.
- VH high spec aviation grade, very clean, held to higher min spec standard
L3 Gen 3 Unfilmed
- Meets or exceeds Omni 8 specification
- Most strict cosmetic tolerance, meaning as few as possible to no dark spots
5 year warranty
|MANUFACTURER||AB NightVision Inc.|
|DIMENSIONS||4.7″(L) x 4.2″(W) x 2.8″(H)|
|WEIGHT||20.1 oz. w/ Battery|
|FINISH||Anodized Matte Black (Coyote or FDE Cerekote)|
|POWER||One (1) CR123 Battery, External Battery Pack|
|BATTERY LIFE (AA)||No longer produced|
|BATTERY LIFE (CR123)||Approx. 30 Hours at Room Temp. w/ Standard CR123|
|WARRANTY||5 Year Warranty|
|GENERATION||U.S. Gen3 Thin-Film / Unfilmed / Photonis Gen 2+ Hybrid PP45|
|INTENSIFIER TUBES||L-3 MX10160 Infinity (x2) or Photonis P45 (x2)|
|RESOLUTION||64 lp/mm (Typical)|
|FILM||Thin Film or Unfilmed|
|GAIN||Automatic Brightness Control|
|OCULAR LENS||+2 to -6|
|FOCUS||9.8″ to Infinity|
|INCLUDED||Tube/System Factory Data Sheets, Soft Carry Case|
ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations) and EAR (Export Administration Regulations) Compliance Statement
By ordering any product(s) from www.gooningear.com website, you certify that you, or third-party entities at your direction, will not sell, transport, ship or transfer outside the borders of the United States, nor to any foreign person*, any product(s) which are export-restricted by U.S. export-control law and regulation, without proper U.S. Government export authorization, licensing, and documentation.
Export-restricted items include, but are not limited to, electronic equipment, certain gear and accessories, handheld optical equipment including night vision and night vision accessories, holographic sight systems, “red-dot” optics, thermal vision, and tactical lights and lasers.
You must indicate on your order if you intend for an item(s) to be exported. An indication of desire of exportation in no way compels Goonin Gear LLC to assist with export in any way, before or after purchase of an item(s). Export, or attempt to export, any controlled or prohibited items outside of the U.S. without complying with U.S. export control regulations can result in severe civil and criminal penalties and/or constitute a federal crime. Goonin Gear LLC will not participate in any transaction, directly or indirectly, involving the illegal export or re-export of any prohibited items.
* “Foreign Person” under ITAR § 120.16 means “any natural person who is not a lawful permanent resident as defined by 8 U.S.C. § 1101 (a)(20) or who is not a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3)”, and can mean “any foreign corporation, business association, trust, society, or any other entity or group that is not incorporated or organized to do business in the U.S., as well as international organizations, foreign governments, and any agency or subdivisions of government (e.g. diplomatic missions).”