The PVS-14 is one of, if not, the most prolific monocular night vision device (MNVD) in the world. Currently issued to militaries across the globe, the PVS-14 is tried and true. Due to its simple and compact nature the PVS-14 is one of the most durable and versatile monocular night vision devices on the market. The PVS-14 can be helmet mounted, bridged with an additional PVS-14 or thermal device, or adapted to the front of a DSLR camera lens. Small enough to stash in a pocket or stored in a pouch on your kit. All of our PVS-14’s are manual gain systems. Manual gain provides the user with the ability to increase or decrease gain to their specifications. This can be seen as an increase or decrease in image brightness as desired, or a reduction in image noise as needed.
We build our devices using our suite of in house state of the art equipment, including the Hoffman Engineering ANV-126A Test Set and HVS Vision System. The same equipment tube manufacturers such as Elbit Systems of America and L3Harris Technologies use. This allows us to remove any subjectivity in assembly and maintain the absolute highest degree of precision possible. What this equates to is a device built to an exceeding degree of quality with exacting standards.
We offer the PVS-14 in a variety of tube types:
- 1800 min FOM
Elbit Gen 3
- XLSH (commercial grade) FOM minimum 1344. Often 1800 - 2400 on average. (SLH fallout tubes).
- SLH (commercial grade) tier above XLSH held to tighter cosmetic and min spec standard
- We hold our commercial tubes to well above minimum standards typically with a typical 1800 FOM minimum, often exceeding 2000. Commercial tubes have the loosest tolerance for dark spots in comparison to Mil-Spec or Aviator tube types.
- YH (Mil-Spec) FOM minimum 1600. Typically 2000+
L3 Gen 3 Unfilmed
- 18UM 1540 min FOM (2000+ Common)
- 22UM/UA 1920 min FOM (2376 - 3000 Common)
- We hold both to aviator spot specification, meaning as few as possible to no dark spots
- We pre-filter our tubes to ensure all have as clean screen cosmetics and high specifications as possible
- L3 Unfilmed High FOM option. These tubes are hand selected from to achieve the highest specification possible. (2500+ Common)
|DIMENSIONS||4.5″(L) x 2.0″(W) x 2.25″(H)|
|FINISH||Corrosion Resistant- Matte Black|
|POWER||One (1) Standard AA Battery|
|BATTERY LIFE||Approx. 50 Hours at Room Temp.|
60′ for 2 Hours
ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations) and EAR (Export Administration Regulations) Compliance Statement
By ordering any product(s) from www.gooningear.com website, you certify that you, or third-party entities at your direction, will not sell, transport, ship or transfer outside the borders of the United States, nor to any foreign person*, any product(s) which are export-restricted by U.S. export-control law and regulation, without proper U.S. Government export authorization, licensing, and documentation.
Export-restricted items include, but are not limited to, electronic equipment, certain gear and accessories, handheld optical equipment including night vision and night vision accessories, holographic sight systems, “red-dot” optics, thermal vision, and tactical lights and lasers.
You must indicate on your order if you intend for an item(s) to be exported. An indication of desire of exportation in no way compels Goonin Gear LLC to assist with export in any way, before or after purchase of an item(s). Export, or attempt to export, any controlled or prohibited items outside of the U.S. without complying with U.S. export control regulations can result in severe civil and criminal penalties and/or constitute a federal crime. Goonin Gear LLC will not participate in any transaction, directly or indirectly, involving the illegal export or re-export of any prohibited items.
* “Foreign Person” under ITAR § 120.16 means “any natural person who is not a lawful permanent resident as defined by 8 U.S.C. § 1101 (a)(20) or who is not a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3)”, and can mean “any foreign corporation, business association, trust, society, or any other entity or group that is not incorporated or organized to do business in the U.S., as well as international organizations, foreign governments, and any agency or subdivisions of government (e.g. diplomatic missions).”